Little Known Facts
Here are some little known facts to set the record straight on a few things. These could save your life. Okay, maybe not save your life, but you can seem like a know-it-all. Everybody likes to be a know-it-all now and then.
- A dog’s mouth is not cleaner than yours. I shouldn’t have to point this out. It should be common sense. Yet, I hear people spout this nonsense again and again. Allow me to guide you through some logic and reasoning. A dog will lick its crotch, a dog’s butt or butts, eat poop, garbage, drink from the toilet, lick the floor, and lick dead animals. Would you? Then stop letting your dog lick your lips and your sores! Stop it!
- The caterpillar reduces to liquid before forming into a butterfly or moth. I know. Gross.
- Teddy Roosevelt once gave a speech after being shot point plank by a nut. The folded up speech in his pocket stopped the bullet. The little known fact of this historical event was that the speech was really, really, really long.
- Steven Spielberg wandered around the Universal Studios wearing a tie and pretending that he worked there in order to get someone to notice him. He was hired to direct a television show, because he was the only one that wore a tie and looked like he knew what he was doing.
- John Wayne played college football at USC.
- Elvis Presley’s drug use started in the 1950s, but really took off while enlisted in the Army. At that time, the U.S. Army prescribed speed to help soldiers stay awake during evening watch and exercises.
- Ernest Hemingway never drank while working; however, when the clock struck anywhere between noon and three, he was off to the races and would drink until late in the evening.
- There’s no such thing as the stomach flu. During flu season, when anyone gets an upset stomach, they tend to say that they have the stomach flu. It doesn’t exist. Stop saying that. You sound stupid.
- Shoes are bad for your feet. The support that shoes give your feet actually weaken the muscles in the arch. It is better to go barefoot than to wear shoes all the time. Give your dogs a rest and feel the grass on your toes now and then.
- The United States Navy issued bell-bottom trousers so that sailors could easily slip them off over their boondockers (boots) while in the water then use them as flotation devices. The only bell-bottom trousers now are the dress whites and dress blues. Sailors don’t work on ships wearing those uniforms. They now wear battle ready uniforms (BDU) like the rest of the military and, therefore, will now sink with the ship.
- During his bodybuilding career, Arnold Schwarzenegger was only defeated once. He lost to Sergio Oliva, also known as the Myth.
- Billy the Kid was not left handed.
These are little known facts that you can now use to occupy space in your brain that you would otherwise use for more important things. Now go out there and be somebody!